Certain actions are inherently unethical except in certain very rare circumstances.
- Initiation of Physical Force
- Attempting to physically damage an individual or the individual's property.
- Initiation of Coercive Measures
- Threats of physical force and blackmail.
- Initiation of Fraud
- Lying intentionally to gain advantage.
The non-aggression principle outlined above applies to the majority of situations, but it is not a universal yardstick. There exist situations where the community must rule.
The secondary function of government is to provide for individuals the means to do so.